Sunday, March 6, 2016

I Hate This Book I Love

I've got this idea for a book. It's a good idea and I really like it.

Which must be why I've started and restarted it five times, each from a different perspective or starting at a different point in the story.

Now I think I've got it figured out. The story, I've realized, should be about the villain of the other attempts, and her rise and possibly fall as the leader of an outlaw gang of dinosaur bandits.

For the record - or my own amusement - this is as far as I got in my last attempt:


The first rays of morning peeked over the craggy mountaintops, flooding the valley with a golden light that ushered the chill from the air. Yellow grasses still sparkling with dew swayed in a breeze that smelled of flowers. A creature bellowed somewhere in the distance but didn't break the tranquility of the wilderness.
Carmen [surname] sat in the long shadow of a sprawling acacia, one only a few trees in the area, shaking and pulling her knees to her chin.


Yeah, not my best, and I really had no idea where I was going.

No comments:

Post a Comment