I think I'm calling it Blue Incarnations.
And editing it is going to be... fun. Especially because I'd write for a few months, something else would catch my interest for a while, and I'd come back to it later. Each time, I forgot some details and come up with new ideas. The last chapters tell a very different story than the first chapters. I've changed which characters are the good guys, what was supposed to be the whole plot is now just a little sideplot, and a dead character was reincarnated as a very evil preteen.
And that means I'm in for a lot of editing.
And that means...
I'm expecting a lot of good ones when I actually start editing, but for now, here are some notes from my plot outline.
- D killed P in jungle life, possibly for same reason Gran killed D - they thought 30 was being repealed soon and next life would be without punishment (but P didn't kill anyone; bgs were after her for starting resistance) (I know exactly what all the abbreviations mean. I still have no clue what I'm talking about because none of this happens in the book.)
- Can I seriously call the bad guys "nematodes?"
- Flower obstetrician (I forgot the term "botanical geneticist")
- But how do you dismantle a government using knowledge of horticulture in only one day?
- It's what you get when you combine reincarnation, an evil government, and Billy Joel songs. (this is apparently how I described the book. It was inspired by a line in Only The Good Die Young, but otherwise there isn't a lot of similarity to Billy Joel songs. Which is probably why I wrote this:)
- Okay this is solarpunk now. Fix the cities. Add more Billy Joel.
- They really did start the fire, though. If "fire" is a metaphor for "social change" and "Belgians in the Congo" is a metaphor for "bad guys in the shopping mall."