Monday, February 18, 2019

Announcements, Cross Stitch, and an Interview

First, before I forget, I did an interview about my spooky story in Neon Druid:
https://mtmisery.com/2019/02/17/neon-druid-interview-jennifer-lee-rossman/



 

I've signed a couple contracts recently, so I can share some exciting news. And now that I think of it, it's all autism related. I tell you what, realizing I'm autistic has really impacted my life and my writing in positive ways. (Read my autistic essay here: https://www.wattpad.com/691607417-unbroken-book-two-essays-friendship-by-jennifer)



My autistic-acceptance story My Fair Cavelady will be part of the next volume of Brave New Girls!

The Repatriation Heist is a story about a time traveling autistic witch, which will be in Five Minutes at Hotel Stormcove. (The editor is one of our Libretti authors -- we're editing each other!) Preorders available here: https://hotel-stormcove.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders



 

Finally, Of Clockwork Hearts and Metal Iguanodons will be published online as a podcast on GlitterShip. It's probably the most "on brand" story I've ever written, combining all my trademarks: disability, autism, dinosaurs, robots, queers, and obscure historical facts!

 

I'll have more about all these stories and the anthologies as they get closer. Especially the dinosaur one. Fair warning, the blog post about that one is going to have a lot of yelling about inaccurate depictions of dinosaurs

 

Finally, speaking of autism and dinosaurs, have I mentioned that I'm autistic and love dinosaurs? I feel like I've brought that up once or twice. Anyway. Dinosaurs are my thing. Autistics sometimes call it a special interest.

I see no reason to do crafts unless there's a way for me to make dinosaurs with it. (Wait till you see the 3D purple parasaurolophus I'm crafting out of yarn and plastic canvas. It's *awesome.*) So here's my latest cross stitch, a cowgirl riding a utahraptor. Semi-based on my story The Good, the Bad, and the Utahraptor (http://www.castofwonders.org/2018/11/cast-of-wonders-332-dinovember-the-good-the-bad-and-the-utahraptor/).


It's about 3 inches tall, and is done on 18 count fabric.

No, the raptor doesn't have visible feathers. It was an artistic choice. Maybe he's covered in green plumage.

No comments:

Post a Comment