Sunday, December 27, 2020

Velocirapture

 Sometimes my stories come from places of great inspiration. But more often than not, I just think of a title that makes me giggle.

Hence, Velocirapture. Like the rapture. But with more velociraptors. Also, apparently late one night I texted myself the phrase "the afterlife finds a way," which I think I stole from an episode of The Cryptid Keeper podcast?

It's available to listen to or read on Cast Of Wonders!

Velocirapture is also, at least in my heart, known as Armageddon… But With Dinosaurs. Yes, the Bruce Willis movie. Yes, my dinosaurs are trying to kill the asteroid that causes their extinction.

They are also gay and the love interest is trans, and the father character is kind of John Lithgow from Footloose. If he was a dinosaur who wanted dinosaurs to go extinct. Because this is a teenage rebellion story.

Look y’all. You knew what you were getting into when you saw my name on this story. Dinosaurs, Jurassic Park references, plot points borrowed from totally unrelated movies…


Things I would like to note about this story:

* no, technically they are not velociraptors. I am well aware that I'm taking a Jurassic Park approach to labeling things velociraptors. But they evolved from them, and that is what they call themselves.

* do I reference Ian Malcolm‘s "god creates dinosaurs, god kills dinosaurs…" speech from Jurassic Park? Yes I do. In the same paragraph I reference "life finds a way."

* and then I mention chaos.

* I just really like Ian Malcolm, okay?

* my velociraptors have feathers. And my transgirl raptor has more vibrant plumage.

* there is basically dinosaur prom because in my mind, this is an 80s movie and the main character is Molly Ringwald if she was a talking lesbian velociraptor

* did they spare any expense on dinosaur prom? No they did not. They spared NO expense.

* I may have paraphrased two different speeches from Armageddon when she is fighting with her father


So… Yeah. Do you like gay dinosaurs fighting for love and survival at dinosaur prom? Boy, do I have a story for you… https://www.castofwonders.org/2020/12/cast-of-wonders-440-velocirapture/

No comments:

Post a Comment