Sunday, January 10, 2016

An introduction to our main character

Hi,

My name is Jennifer Lee Rossman, which, if you rearrange the letters, spells "more ferns, ninja eels". I've been writing for as long as I can remember (note to self: extremely cliche, give the character a more interesting backstory), but am just now seeking the whole "published author" thing. And it scares me, but no good story comes from staying in your comfort zone.

I'm supposed to be part of the generation who blogs and tweets and does the whole social media thing, but I've never been the type to share myself with others (ooh, character development /sarcasm). I'll be honest. I only went out and got myself a blog because I've been told it's useful to have a website when trying to get published.

That doesn't mean I'm not willing to be excited about this. I'm always trying to be more outgoing and try new things and, you know, not be the sad and lonely writer stereotype. And my inner graphics designer is excited about playing around with colors and fonts.

So let's do this blog thing (I must point out that "let's do this blog thing" is a phrase not fitting with the characterization of this character).

And yes, I do criticize the "character" of myself in real life and point out possible foreshadowing. My therapist finds me endlessly amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment