Friday, April 6, 2018

Name Change

Anachronism comes out in less than two months! I can't even believe it. (Add it on Goodreads and preorder the ebook!)
I've spent the last few weeks reading my proof copy, and I I'm the sort of obsessive perfectionist that could keep reading it forever because I'll never be convinced I've found all the mistakes. But at some point, I have to step away and accept that it's as good as it's going to get.

That's really hard for me to do, but it's an important step in publishing.

In the anthologies I've been in, my stories are less than ten percent of the book. If it's not perfect, or if people don't like it, it doesn't take away from the book as a whole. But Anachronism is all me. 110 pages of my work, my soul.

I'm asking people to buy my book, not our book. And of course, I'm not doing this by myself - I have all the amazing editors and staff at Kristell/Grimbold doing just as much work as I am. But it's just my name on the cover, and that's a scary and exciting thought.

I'm becoming a serious author, and with that should come presenting myself a bit more seriously. I'm changing the title of my blog to "Jennifer Lee Rossman - Speculative Fiction Author" to make it easier to find on search engines. I'm also tweaking the color scheme a little to match the cover of Anachronism.

I also got business cards printed.



No comments:

Post a Comment