Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Just One Last Dance

 My story Just One Last Dance is now available along with 98 other very short horror stories in 99 Tiny Terrors!

I can't say much about it without spoiling anything, but my story is based on the song Thinking Out Loud, and its music video. Yes, it's a very sweet song and a very nice video about dancing, and yes, I turned it into a horror story.

My entire thought process is documented in this Twitter thread, but basically I was disturbed by the line "Will your eyes still smile from your cheek" because like… that's not where eyes go and it's strange that he didn't notice that, so I figured she was a cosmic horror from beyond the stars who was messing with his brain.

Mine is just one of 99 stories in this book, and I’m so honored to share the table of contents with some really amazing people, so I hope you will check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment