Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Spider Horse

Spider horse, spider horse,

mythological and Norse,

many legs, many feets,

mom is Loki, that is neat,

Look out, here comes spider horse!


Last year, I tweeted that silly little song, which is a reference to one of the Norse trickster god Loki's children, Sleipnir the eight legged horse. And then hundreds of people retweeted it, and somehow that led to me being able to say…

My latest short story "Spider Horse" is now available in Untethered, an anthology edited by Rhonda Parrish!

As far as I could tell, the original mythology only deals with Loki shape shifting into a horse to conceive Sleipnir, making no mention of whether she stayed to raise him. So I took a few creative liberties.

"Spider Horse" shows Sleipnir being raised by his unsympathetic father, who often mocks his extra legs. So he decides to go find his mother who he decides must be a spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment