Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Endless Night at Promontory Summit

So there was a weird western anthology call, and my friend said “What if I wrote a story based on the Bon Jovi song Dead or Alive, but instead of a six string guitar, it was a six shooter gun?”

"And I could do the same thing with Summer of 69, but instead of 1969, it's 1869," I said, joking.

… I should know by now that when I joke about things like that, I'm not actually joking.

I wrote my story, he didn't write his, and I didn't get into the anthology anyway. But I’m proud to say "The Endless Night At Promontory Summit" has found a home in Queer Weird West Tales!

It's a little bit Twilight Zone, a little bit Supernatural, and a little bit coming of age romance, set during the summer the Transcontinental Railroad was finished.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment