Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Editing Notes: The Editing Notes Strike Back

So I thought When You're Strange came out today, but it's actually this Friday. Come back this Friday for that, then. :)

 

Meanwhile, I have finished what I'm calling the final draft of Blue Incarnations! And you know what that means...

EDITING NOTES!

 

Gran exists. Don't let this turn into on The Walking Dead when Beth was missing and Maggie only cared about Glenn.

If Ron Funches doesn't play this character in the movie, I'm out.

"I never know when it's okay to laugh about murder-suicides." Um. Never? Also how often does this happen?

It's very important no one forgets he has a beard.

I think I named a character after a fictional turtle from a Bad Lip Reading video.

Murder and tax evasion are actually very different things.

[examples of food go here] How hard is it to think of food?

Well, I just invented candied dandelions so apparently the answer is "very."

She is no longer dressed like Star Trek Hillary Clinton! Now she's Star Trek Fern Gully!

Oh, har har, etymology is hilarious.

You're a murderer, darlin'. Stop forgetting that fact.

"Life endures." *squints* Yeah, that was definitely a Jurassic Park "life finds a way" reference in a former draft.

Honestly, this whole book kept trying to insert Jurassic Park references into itself. And Winnie the Pooh. My character continuously almost gets stuck in holes. And she loves honey. Which is a connection I hadn't made until just now.

2 comments:

  1. "[examples of food go here] How hard is it to think of food?" <--I always have notes like this. Funny how hard it actually is to think of food, isn't it?

    And why didn't Maggie care about Beth?

    Happy editing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie did care, but it's a big joke among the fans that she didn't because so little time was dedicated to her character talking about it.

      Delete