Sunday, July 1, 2018

Review: Anachronism

Anachronism Anachronism by Jennifer Lee Rossman
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

No, I'm not reviewing my own book. My mother doesn't have a Goodreads account but wants me to share her thoughts on Anachronism.

"The snark gets to be a little much by the end. Did you base her father on your father?"

("No.")

"Mmhm sure you didn't. Are you sure you aren't going to get sued for libel over this part?"

"(Yes." [I based one small detail of a bad motel room on a real motel we stayed at. Fifteen years ago. In a different state than the one my characters stay at.])

"I knew what the twist ending was. You told me all about it. But I got so into the story that I forgot about it and now I'm mad because--can I give spoilers?"

("I mean, I'd rather you didn't.")

"Fine. The THING I WANTED TO HAPPEN doesn't happen. You need a sequel so I can know what happens to all of them afterwards. Also, did you finally fix that typo on page 33?"

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment