Thursday, December 28, 2017

Editing Notes. IN. SPAAAAACE!

Hi, how was everyone's holidays?

I'm going to try to get on a schedule for posting here. Let's try every Thursday and see how it goes.

 
So, in case you missed it, my novel JACK JETSTARK'S INTERGALACTIC FREAKSHOW is going to be published by World Weaver Press!



And even though I've edited it so many times over the past year, an acceptance in this case means more editing. I'm working with a great editor, Sarena Ulibarri.

And I have editing notes!

 
  • That's what happens when your only exposure to Don Quixote is an episode of Wishbone.
  • It occurs to me that the long-range attackers should maybe be in the back and the defenders should be up front to... you know. Defend?
  • My editing process: "But what if everyone was queer?"
  • A typo changed my character's dad from a drunken oaf into a drunken oak. Go home, Treebeard, you're drunk.
  • Basically this round of edits is about making everyone 500% more gay and adding lemur shenanigans.
  • I'm editing a novel about sideshow freaks in space... so of course I'm reading an article called "Lemurs smell funny on birth control".
  • And now I'm reading about how "Lemurs share gut bacteria when they cuddle". What. Why are lemurs so weird.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment