Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Proof Copy!

I got my proof copy of Anachronism this week! For those of you who, like me until very recently, don't know what that is, a proof copy is when your publisher sends you a physical copy of the book so you can find all the typos you missed.

I'm sure there's some sort of psychological phenomenon going on here, but ask any writer and they'll probably agree that the eye catches mistakes on paper that it skimmed over on screen.

At this point, it is only a slight exaggeration to say I have read Anachronism infinity times. It's got to the point where I can point out the exact words and punctuation that we changed in editing because I've accidentally memorized large portions of it.

And yet I still found commas out of place or the wrong words used... I even spontaneously switched to the British spelling of "rumor" and didn't catch it! (I'm blaming that one on accidentally absorbing the spelling of my British editor.)

But I have a physical copy of my book and it's amazing and I just can't believe it.

And the Kindle version is now available for pre-order!

Add it on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment