Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Brave New Girls Available for Preorder! And An Announcement!

 
 The ebook of Brave New Girls: Tales of Heroines Who Hack is now available for preorder at Amazon and B&N!
 
This YA sci-fi anthology (edited by sci-fi authors Paige Daniels and Mary Fan) features stories about girls in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)… Girls who hack not just computers, but whatever puzzles come their way, using their smarts to save the day. It’s got sci-fi mysteries, cyberpunk, space adventures, and more! Proceeds from sales of the anthology will be donated to the Society of Women Engineers scholarship fund.
 
My story, Login, is a reimagining of Rumplestiltskin featuring a disabled hacker, a robot named Baby, and girls who build war machines with golden circuitry.
 
I'll be able to show you the illustration for my story soon. My friend's sister drew it, and I've only seen the first draft of the sketch but it is *awesome.*
 
 
And! My story Enough will be featured in We Shall Be Monsters, an anthology of short stories from marginalized authors for the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein!
 
My story is an extremely personal one about disability. It was based on an Incident some of you may have read about on this blog, along with a big ol' dose of "My father was a manipulative abuser." So... yeah. That's a blog post for another day. I promise the story is actually really hopeful.
 
Anyway. *gestures emphatically at the cover*
 
 
 
*psst* There's a Kickstarter if you wanna help pay those lovely names at the bottom of the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment