Thursday, October 18, 2018

LOVE & BUBBLES IS PUBLISHED!

LOVE & BUBBLES, an anthology of queer romance under the sea, is PUBLISHED!!!!

 


Dive into romance with these twelve stories of queer love beneath the waves!

 

Love & Bubbles is a short fiction anthology of love stories united by an underwater theme and featuring characters from across the LGBTQ+ spectrum.

Order here!

Profits are split between the authors, so every sale is helping pay them.

Go on a deep-sea voyage to study a brand-new species alongside a cute, distracted scientist. Discover your magic with a water witch and the help of a cute mermaid. Explore the waters of an alien ocean. Get summoned to the surface with a grumpy old merman and his non-binary water demon neighbor. Swim with a catfish goddess, rescue a dolphin... and so much more!

 


Stories by:

 

Evvan Burke, Jaylee James (Editor), Jennifer Lee Rossman (Editor), Lia Cooper, Lizzie Colt, M. Hollis, Maggie Derrick, Mharie West, Minerva Cerridwen, Riley Sidell, V. S. Holmes, and Victoria Zelvin.

 

Note: Stories in this book could be categorized as "sweet" romance. They are all rated PG-13 with no heat level to speak of, meaning there is no on-page sex.

Paperback copies come with a free digital download of the ebook as epub, mobi, and pdf formats.

 

My story, Shallows, is about two men trying to rescue a dolphin from an aquarium... but one of them is secretly an encantado, a Brazilian dolphin shapeshifter. Encantados are a real mythological creature that I've loved since they were featured in an episode of The Wild Thornberrys. They're usually more on the evil side, but my Adriano is sweet and awkward.

 

But I'm not just an author this time! I'm also an editor! Jaylee edited the first anthology I was part of, Circuits & Slippers, and was gracious enough to take me on as er assistant when I asked er about editing.

My attitude was, to quote Legally Blonde, "What, like it's hard?"

Yes, it's hard. But it's also something I'm really passionate about. I've been in a lot of anthologies (a few that I haven't gotten around to announcing yet; stay tuned). I've had good editors and not so good editors, and I want to be one of the good ones. I want to nurture new authors, help people polish their words.

I want to be someone who amplifies stories about people who don't always have their voices heard.

 

I think we did that in this book, and I hope you'll enjoy it and donate copies to libraries and give them to LGBTQ+ youth so everyone can see that people like us can have happily ever afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment