Thursday, March 12, 2020

The Doll In The Ripped Universe

Some of my characters are more like me than others. The ones that are the most like me tends to be the autistic ones. I don't know if there's more freedom to describe things the way I think, or if the struggles of autistic characters match the resonant frequency of my heart, or what. They just tend to be my favorite.

The Doll In The Ripped Universe is one of those stories.

The main character is not actually much like me. Autistic and likes dinosaurs. But the story itself is not my story and I'm being purposely vague because I don't want to spoil the ending but for some reason I just very much connected with the main character. Our thought processes run on the same wavelength, and that made writing this incredibly easy for once.

Well, one very small part of the story is mine. The specific, neurotic way I experienced fear and anxiety over the smallest and most insignificant things in my childhood.

The Doll In The Ripped Universe is a story about autism and gender and finding yourself. It is also about what happens when you pick at a hole in the universe.

It is available now in Spoon Knife 4
https://www.amazon.com/Spoon-Knife-Neurodivergent-Spacetime-Anthology-ebook/dp/B08263JH7M

No comments:

Post a Comment