Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The House Of Lonely Vines

Good morning! Or. Afternoon. Whatever.

My story, The House Of Lonely Vines, is available in Cryptgnats, a horror anthology about graveyards and mausoleums and other places for the dead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1948899051/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I have not read the rest of the anthology yet so I can't give specific content warnings, but here are the warnings for my story:
Fire, death, bad things happening to children.

My story is a flash fiction piece about a lonely little girl and a lonelier little house that grew itself from the ashes of tragedy.

It's based on a real house my mom and I used to drive past on the way to our friends'. As far as I know, there's no tragedy involved with the house, but it was built so fast. Every time we went past, it seemed to have grown without us ever seeing people working on it. One day an empty lot, the next day a house. Then, suddenly a family living in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment