Sunday, June 12, 2022

How Do You Do, Fellow Chosen Ones?

 Sometimes my stories are meaningful and deep and inspirational. Sometimes they are just delightful nonsense. "How Do You Do, Fellow Chosen Ones?" available in audio and text from Tall Tale TV, is definitely in the delightful nonsense category.

I don't remember exactly why I decided I needed to write a fantasy story based on the How do you do, fellow kids? meme in which Steve Buscemi spectacularly fails at pretending to be a young person. I just know I found a couple paragraphs of a story with the title "How Do You Do, Fellow Chosen Ones?" I had written a couple years before, and I decided I needed to finish it.

So there's this prophecy, right? And this modern day questing party has been tasked with finding the boy mentioned in the prophecy, triggering his innate Chosen One Powers, and defeating the bad guy. No problem, right?

Well, one problem. The witch who was supposed to trigger his powers… she kind of… gave herself the powers by mistake and decided that instead of admitting to this failure, she would just pretend to be the chosen one.

She is not convincing, as he is a teenage boy and she is a middle aged woman, and no one is fooled. But she's the only option they have right now, so they might as well try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment