Saturday, May 27, 2017

Review: Legend

Legend Legend by Marie Lu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, I enjoyed this book. Like, "Yes, I know I should eat and we have nine episodes of Twelve Monkeys I really want to watch, but I have 60 pages left and I need to finish this" levels of enjoyment.
Exciting and conspiracies and secrets! A political dystopia that feels a little too possible and realistic!
(I read it too fast and can't remember when all the twists happen, so that's all I'm comfortable saying without risking spoiling any of the exciting bits.)

I don't know how I feel about June. She feels kind of cold at times, the distant genius, analytical, Temperance Brennan type. I mean, at one point she gets cut and her first thought is that it must be a serrated knife to cut her skin that way.
But at the same time, I totally love her because that's exactly what I would do. And while I want to fault her for being so loyal to the Republic for so long, I can't because I know how hard it is to stop trusting the thing you've believed in for your entire life.
(And this has been another installment of "Jen can't even write a simple book review without bringing up her issues with her father or comparing herself to a genius." *eyeroll*)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment