Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Falling Marionette - Published!!!!!

I've just had a short story published in Expanded Horizons, an online speculative fiction magazine for marginalized writers and characters.

My story is The Falling Marionette, and is about the future of disability.

Here is the link to this month's issue, which is free to read. Feel free to share it.
http://expandedhorizons.net/magazine/?page_id=4064

I'm really proud of this story. The character shares my disability and, while her society gives her opportunities I'll never get, we experience similar issues trying to get through life.
I also think I went out of my comfort zone with my use of metaphor, which usually gets confusing and muddled when I do it, but I think the marionette imagery worked well here.

I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment