Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Love & Bubbles Author Interview: Evvan Burke

Today I'm hosting an interview with Love & Bubbles author Evvan Burke, whole story Color and Pressure is a heist/romance between nervous deep-sea diver Liam and eccentric scientist Virgil, set in a submarine exploring the deepest parts of the ocean.


 

Evvan Burke is a UCSD graduate in Critical Gender Studies and Writing. His work can be found crawling out of the graveyard of print media. He can occasionally be found on Phaserburn.tumblr.com, and @Phaserburn on Instagram and Twitter.

 

What is your favorite thing about your story?



I think I have a good twist. I can't talk much about it, for obvious reasons, but I'm pretty proud of it.

What was the inspiration for your luminescent sea creatures?


Real life! Deep sea creatures range from super beautiful, super weird and so weird it's beautiful. But for these specific creatures, I thought a lot what Sea Hares would be like if they could glow.


Do you have a favorite memory of the ocean you'd like to share?


I learned how to scuba dive the summer before I started High School. It's part of the inspiration for having my characters go deep sea diving, because it is simultaneously so magical and so terrifying.


Which story in the anthology (not your own) are you most excited to read?


All of them! It sounds like everyone created amazing worlds for their stories. But I'm excited for "Summoned" for the grumpy merman alone.

Preorder here, and in case you missed it, I did a guest post about editing an anthology over at Mehek Writes: https://mehekwrites.com/2018/10/15/guest-post-jennifer-lee-rossman-on-editing-an-anthology-for-the-first-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment