Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Review: Year Zero

Year Zero Year Zero by Rob Reid
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I'm so done with abled white cismale authors.
I wanted to finish this book because it's got that mix of music and copyright law humor that I was really enjoying and I want to see what happens. But this book is attacking me
I'm starting a new rating system where I knock a star off for using ableist slurs like "crippled." And I guess I knock off four for using "retarded" and "special needs". I THINK "diffrently abled" was used in an ironic way? But on second I actually don't think the author is that in touch with the disability community to understand why that term is problematic so... off with your stars.
I don't know. I don't have all the kinks worked out yet. It's slow going because I have """""""""""SPECIAL NEEDS"""""""""""
(those are mocking quotation marks. I hate this book)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment