Monday, November 19, 2018

Freakshow Character Introduction: Ruby

Quick word from our sponsor before we start: Brian McNett and I are editing an anthology of space opera. Our goal is for it to be a diverse and inclusive collection of humorous sci-fi with a musical bent, and it's important that we pay our authors decent rates.
If you can spare the money, it would mean the world to me if you would check out our Kickstarter. As little as a dollar will get you a copy of the anthology as soon as it's ready, which we hope will be this summer.
We already have some amazing stories on our shortlist, and when we reach $900 we're going to reveal the cover art we commissioned. Thank you.



Every Monday from now until December 3rd, I'm introducing a character from my debut novel, Jack Jetstark's Intergalactic FreakShow! Today's character is...

 

Ruby!

 




When I decided to introduce a character a week and planned out the schedule, I included Ruby because she's a big part of the story. I forgot, however, that I can't tell you why she's important without spoiling things. So here's what I can say:

Ruby Marta is the ten-year-old daughter of Diantha and Garon, the leaders of VesCorp, a ruthless company/government that rules over the universe with an iron fist. It's also the corporation that altered the genes of Jack's freak ancestors.

Except... is Ruby really Garon's daughter? After all, her mother and Jack were in love before Ruby was born, and she does have Jack's ruddy complexion...

Ruby is my absolute favorite character. She's sweet and totally unafraid of the monstrous freaks. My favorite scene in the entire book is when she returns to her mother's childhood home.

 

Preorder here and add it on Goodreads!

 

Come back next Monday to meet Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment